2 cups rice flour
¼ cup glutinous rice flour
½ cup + 2 tbsp sugar
¼ cup butter melted, plus additional for basting or brushing
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 tbsp baking powder
few pieces wilted banana leaves
grated fresh coconut and sliced salted eggs for toppings
or grated cheddar cheese as toppings if preferred )
1. Beat eggs in a bowl until foamy. Add sugar and butter and beat until fluffy.
2. Mix the rice flour, glutinous rice flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add coconut milk. Blend well.
3. Add the two mixtures: the egg mixture with the coconut-flour mixture, beating well until smooth.
4. Line small round pans with wilted banana leaves. Brush banana leaves with butter.
5. Pour mixture into pan. Bake in (preheated ) oven 180 C or 350 F for 20 minutes.
6. Top with sliced salted eggs. Bake again for 5 minutes. Brush some butter on top.
7. Serve with freshly grated coconut and sugar or muscovado sugar.