ShareThis

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quote of the Day

Dr. José Rizal
"As to honor, fame, or benefit that I might have been able to reap, I agree that all that is especially tempting to a young man like me of flesh and blood with so many weaknesses like anybody else. But as no one chooses the nationality or race in which he is born and as at birth, privileges or advantages inherent in both things are already in existence, I accept the cause of my country in the firm belief that He who has made me a Filipino would know how to forgive me for the mistakes that I commit, considering our difficult situation and the defective education that from birth we receive. Moreover, I do not aspire either for eternal fame or eternal renown; I do not aspire to equal others whose conditions, faculties, and circumstances could be and are in effect different from mine. My sole wish is to do what is possible, what is in my hands, the most necessary. I have glimpsed a little light and I believe that it is my duty to teach it to my countrymen."

Dr. José Rizal (Letter to Father Pablo Pastells, 11 November 1892)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! This post could not be written any better! Going through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept preaching about this. I will send
    this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a very good read.
    Many thanks for sharing!
    Have a look at my page :: GFI Norte

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Twitter

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.