ShareThis

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010: The Year That Was...

Happy New Year to all of you readers… as we look forward to the next 12 months, its time for me to look back at the Year 2010 A.D. or the 10th year of the 21st Century of the years of our Lord.

Not much happening in 2010, one of my best friends got married and a good friend of mine said his good byes before he left for Japan.

Although, I believe that my memories are somehow deteriorating and my ability to remember things that I did before or read before is just not the same anymore. My researches were not as good as it used to be and I am having a hard time doing and writing my research papers.

It also the very reason why I have this blog in the first place to record everything I learned and read. Though, it suppose to be a personal blog but now covers a lot of stuffs from sports to history, politics and current affairs, and even food. Pretty much everything really.


Tsunami Scares (February 28, 2010)

What a way to end the summer in New Zealand. Last February 28, an 8.8 magnitude earthquake hit Chile (one of the worst in history) and cause tsunami waves in the Pacific Ocean. Tsunami Alerts were issued in Hawaii, Japan, the Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, and other Pacific Island countries.

Got an early tsunami scare, fortunately only the Chatham Islands got the beating in New Zealand. 


Canterbury Earthquake (September-December 2010)

This one is a biggie. Last September 4 (my late father's birthday), I was getting ready to go to sleep and just as when I closed my eyes the 7.1 magnitude earthquake and violent aftershocks that followed hit the Canterbury residents. Funny how people were so proud that they survive the earthquake even though no recorded human casualties. Plus, people were still able to tell the world (through facebook) despite having no power for eight hours.

Anyway, the quakes and aftershocks lasted for months. The last known recorded aftershocks were on the Boxing Day (December 26) but experts say that the shaking might last for about two years.

-----------

Well that’s about it. Like I said earlier, not much happening and I’m sure I left out other events and happenings in my life. That’s because I forgot to record the accounts in my journal and I don’t have something to remind me what happened then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Twitter

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.