ShareThis

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Case of Coincidence

In 2006, I went to Dunedin in a basketball tour with my good ol' team, the Christchurch Pinoy Rebels and at the same time, the Miami Heat played the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA finals for the first time in both franchises' histories. Five years later, I played for the 69ers Basketball Team in the 2011 South Island Filipino Sports Festival in Dunedin and at the same time, both the Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks face-off for the second time in the NBA's biggest stage.

In 2008, I played for the now defunct-University of Canterbury Filipino Student Society (FILSOC) Lizards Basketball Team in the inaugural South Island Filipino Sports Festival in Christchurch and during the tournament (at the same time) I found out that one of my closest friends in high school in the Philippines died of vehicular accident a month before the tourney. Three years later, I competed in the fourth South Island Filipino Sports Festival and just before the tournament started, I found out that another of my classmates (of the same class) died of a freak accident.

It’s a kinda weird feeling thinking about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Twitter

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.