ShareThis

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My first ever basketball title. . .

Well, I finally won my first ever basketball title after years of hurt and trying. . . all those times, standing in the sidelines. . . watching my friends winning basketball titles and all but not this time around. My team, Christchurch Eagles finished the round robin at the top of the table before beating the Foilers 81-67 in the finals of the 2013 Christchurch Social Basketball League (Monday Night Men's Division). Its not as prestigious as any club leagues or tournaments out there but still a title won nonetheless. Although, last night I was actually thinking and hoping that I don't really mind if my team loss this tourney if it means Gilas Pilipinas won the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship. That did not happen but at least the Philippines still qualified for the FIBA World Cup.

Anyway, congrats to my teammates and thanks for the great effort. Well done lads!

Eagles Squad 2013

Roster:
  • Roland Avila
  • Jay Campugan
  • Aaron Colgrave
  • Jordan Duggan
  • Shaun Jones
  • Arthur Madrid
  • Jose Murcott
  • Atama O'Donnell
  • Donmar Pineda 
  • Julius Sacramento
  • Rey Viloria
  • Tim Yeadon
  • Leroy. . .


Eagles History:
  • 2nd place/runner-up (2010 PCSCI Christchurch All-Filipino Cup Basketball League)
  • 3rd place (2010 Mariton Cup)
  • 1st place/champions (2010 PCSCI Social Basketball League)
  • 2nd place/runner-up (2011-12 PCSCI-BML Social Basketball League, Second Conference)*
  • 3rd place/bronze (2012 PCSCI Christchurch All-Filipino Cup Basketball League)*
  • 8th place (2013 FBL Christchurch All-Filipino Cup Basketball League)*
  • 1st place (2013 Christchurch Social Basketball League Monday Night Men's Division)*
 
[*] My time with the team


See Also:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Twitter

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.