ShareThis

Monday, April 21, 2014

Jimmy Butler: The Long, Winding Road

Originally posted by NBA Genius:

Jimmy Butler's Story.

"When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up." ~Psalm 27:10 KJV

Jimmy was abandoned as a infant by his father & was booted out of his home at the age of 13 by his mother simply because she didn't like the look of him.

He then proceeded to find various places to sleep at night, with no money or family to fall back on. Only one person ever believed in Jimmy's basketball abilities. Himself. That was until the gracious Leslie (Jordan Leslie) Family welcomed him into their home in his Senior year of high school.

His coach in high school brushed him off & his friends didn't think he had it in him. Jimmy then showed immense maturity and enrolled himself into a Junior College. Surprise surprise, he dominated every single opponent that came across him. He didn't use his past as an excuse, or get down by the constant negativity of those around him. Rather, he went out there to prove something; to himself. That he knew he was better. Scholarships followed and so did being drafted Pick #30 in the 2011 draft by the Chicago Bulls.

"Instantly, I burst out into tears with my mum because I just felt like all the hard work that I've done, that all the people that tell me that I won't amount to anything, that I couldn't be an NBA player, that I won't get my degree, I won't go to college, I won't do this, I won't do that...but more that anything it was I proved myself right, I couldn't care less about proving them wrong, just wanted to prove to myself that I said I could do it, I put my mind to it and I did it"

Jimmy Butler now has become one of the most elite defenders in the NBA. Not in my house now has a new meaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Twitter

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.